The Biomedical Network Science (BIONETS) lab investigates molecular disease mechanisms using techniques from network science, combinatorial optimization, and artificial intelligence. We develop algorithms and tools to mine multi-omics data for such mechanisms and to individuate novel strategies for mechanistically grounded drug repurposing and causally effective treatments of complex diseases. We also develop privacy-preserving decentralized biomedical AI solutions, which enable cross-institutional studies on sensitive data.
- Design and development of disease module mining algorithms
- Federated biomedical artificial intelligence
- Systems and network medicine
- Simulation, modelling, and detection of genetic epistasis
- Development of methods and tools for in silico drug repurposing